Location: 210 Kent Hall
Hours: The Student Service Center in 210 Kent Hall will be open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday 9:00am to 4:00pm in a limited capacity to assist students and other Columbia affiliates who need ID Cards.
Please note that we are closed on University Holidays
Email: [email protected]
210 Kent Hall, Mail Code 9202
1140 Amsterdam Ave.
New York, NY 10027
Student Service and ID Centers.
Our Morningside Student Service Center, located in Kent Hall, will be open with reduced staff and with reduced hours for in-person services. We will continue to handle most services remotely.
You can reach the Student Service Center by telephone (212-854-4400) or e-mail ([email protected]).
- Registration Adjustment Forms must be submitted via e-mail to [email protected]. E-mail approvals for registration actions are acceptable in recognition of the difficulty of obtaining signatures remotely;
- Transcript and Certification requests being made by current students or more recent graduates should be requested via SSOL. Alumni/ae without access to SSOL or students with document requests that need to be packaged with additional materials can e-mail completed request forms to [email protected];
- Billing questions and other more in-depth inquiries and requests must be submitted to [email protected] or called in to our Call Center at 212-854-4400;
- Applications for Degrees or Digital Diplomas must be e-mailed to [email protected];
- Notary services will not be available in Kent Hall until further notice;
- Apostille service is available by appointment ONLY you may bring the document in person to 210 Kent, during our operational hours or mail it to us, or scan and email documents to [email protected] to begin the process. You will be notified via email when the documents have been prepared.
- Zoom sessions with our service Analysts will be available to help students who require one-on-one consultations;
- Our Chatbot (ssc.columbia.edu) can answer a variety of basic questions;
In Person Services:
The Morningside Student Service and ID Centers will be open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday 9:00am to 4:00pm for the following in-person services:
- New and Replacement ID Cards. Of special note for the fall opening is that students, Faculty, and administrative staff are now required to upload ID photos prior to coming to campus. Photos will not be taken in the ID Center in order to maintain social distancing;
- Distribution of diplomas is available by appointment for pick-up or diplomas can be mailed if we are provided with a current address;
- Returned diplomas and diplomas that were requested to be “held for pickup” can be retrieved, by arrangement, with the Student Service Center. Returned diplomas or diplomas held for pickup can also be mailed to addresses specified by the graduate. We strongly discourage the mailing of diplomas to the same addresses from which they were undeliverable, especially for international addresses, unless we are provided with paid Fed Ex or UPS labels.
- Name Change Affidavits can be emailed to [email protected] or will be accepted in person during open hours.
When in doubt about which services are available in-person or remotely, Columbia affiliates are urged to submit their questions and requests via e-mail to: ([email protected]) or (212-854-4400). A greater proportion of our available staff will be providing services on a remote basis each day rather than in-person.