Submit Your University ID Card Photo
About the University ID Card
The University ID card is your passport to Columbia. It grants you access to the Libraries and secure campus locations, allows you to purchase services at campus Dining locations and the University bookstore, and enables you to take advantage of cultural discount programs in New York City. Read more about the many University ID card features.
Obtaining a University ID Card
In order to get your Columbia University ID card, you'll need to submit a photo online. The photo format should be passport-style and meet the following requirements:
- The photo should be a color, JPEG file.
- The background should be uniform and light-colored.
- You must be facing forward, with your head and shoulders clearly visible.
- No photos with sunglasses or hats will be accepted.
- The file cannot exceed 100k in size.
When you have a photo that meets the requirements above, make sure you have activated your UNI, then log in to the secure site to submit your photo. You will receive your University ID card when you arrive on campus.
Please note: once you’ve submitted a photo the system will not allow you to resubmit a different photo.
Email the ID Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.