For New Columbia College & Columbia Engineering Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Columbia University! As a new student, you need to fulfill several requirements prior to your arrival.
This website is a guide to planning for completing your requirements in order to avoid potential penalties and registration delays. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Important Things to Do
- First, activate your Columbia UNI (your computing account) and then check your University email account.
- To help you with the following activities, we recommend logging into the interactive New Student Checklist.
- Complete the measles, mumps, and rubella immunization documentation and submit it to Columbia Health by mail or fax at least 30 days before registering for classes.
- Record your meningococcal meningitis vaccination decision online before registering for classes.
- Submit a Minor Authorization Form (if applicable) to Columbia Health.
- Health Insurance:
- Domestic Students - Choose one of three insurance options: confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Gold Plan, upgrade your selection to the Platinum Plan, or request a waiver. Do so online before September 30.
- International Students - Navigating the US Health Care System can be complex. To help ensure that international students have access to the highest quality of care on- and off-campus Columbia University requires all international students to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. Confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Gold Plan or upgrade your selection to the Platinum Plan.
Housing & Dining
- After you receive your Housing assignment, complete your Occupancy Assignment online in the Housing Portal prior to Check-In.
- Review and confirm your Dining Plan selection as noted in your Incoming Student Welcome email that you received from Columbia Housing. Purchase optional Dining Dollars or add funds to your Flex account.
Exchange and Transfer Students
- Housing assignments will be made by late August. Upon receipt, complete your Occupancy Agreement online in the Housing portal prior to Check-In.
- Review Dining options if you want to select a Plan, or purchase Dining Dollars or add funds to Flex through your SSOL account.
- Upload a photo for your University ID card.
Student Financial Services
- Review your Student Account Statement using Student Services Online (SSOL). The first Fall 2017 billing statement will be emailed to you on August 14th, 2017. The payment deadline is September 15, 2017.
- Visit the Student Financial Services website for the complete Billing Schedule.