Enroll in or Waive Health Insurance
Columbia Health is an integrated department that provides extensive health care and services for you while you are at the University. The coverage provided by Columbia Health and a comparable insurance plan work together to meet your health care needs. To meet the insurance requirement, domestic students MUST confirm their enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Gold Plan or provide proof of comparable coverage that meets the University criteria.
International Students - Navigating the US Health Care System can be complex. To help ensure that international students have access to the highest quality of care on- and off-campus Columbia University requires all international students to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan.
Our team wants to confirm you have good coverage so that health needs and concerns, including unanticipated health care costs, are not a barrier to the achievement of your personal and academic goals. Here are a few key reasons to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan:
- No co-pays for on-campus medical and mental health services
- Plan optimized to the needs of students
- Global coverage for routine, urgent, and emergency care
- Dental service discounts
- Premiums billed to your student account (no upfront payments)
- Onsite insurance team to provide support (John Jay Hall, 3rd Floor)
Please visit our website for detailed information about the plans.
All new and continuing students are required by the University to have quality health insurance. Be sure you take action on one of the three options below to ensure coverage and avoid unintended fees. Open enrollment begins July 15, 2018 and closes September 30, 2018.
Option 1 - Confirm enrollment in the Gold plan
Option 2 - Upgrade to the Platinum plan
Option 3 - Request a waiver from the plan (Domestic Students Only)
This provides a summary of Columbia Health and the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. More complete information is available at health.columbia.edu.
All full-time students domestic and international (including returning students) must:
Confirm your insurance selection.
All part-time students domestic (including returning students) must:
- Submit voluntary enrollment for your insurance selection to be on the Columbia Student Health Insurance Gold Plan.
All new students must also:
- Submit your signed Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Form to the Immunization Compliance Office 30 days before you register for classes.
- Certify your meningitis vaccination decision before you register for classes.