For New General Studies, Graduate, Visiting/Transfer, Postbacc & Certificate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Columbia University! As a new student, you need to fulfill several requirements prior to your arrival.
This website is a guide to planning and completing your requirements in order to avoid potential penalties and registration delays. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Important Things to Do
- First, activate your Columbia UNI (your computing account) and then check your University email account.
- To help you with the following activities, we recommend logging in to the interactive New Student Checklist.
- Complete the measles, mumps, and rubella immunization documentation and submit it to Columbia Health by mail or fax at least 30 days before registering for classes.
- Record your meningococcal meningitis vaccination decision online before registering for classes.
- Choose one of three insurance options: confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan, upgrade your selection to the higher level plan, or request a waiver. Do so online before September 30 (New Fall term students only).
- Health Insurance Action
- Open enrollment for the Fall 2018-Spring 2019 academic plan year begins July 15, 2018.
- Domestic Students – Make your insurance enrollment confirmation in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan or request a waiver. Do so online between July 15 and September 30, 2018.
- International Students – Navigating the U.S. healthcare system can be complex. To help ensure that international students have access to the highest quality of care on- and off-campus, Columbia University requires all international students to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. Confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan between July 15 and September 30, 2018.
- Review Dining options if you want to select a Plan, or purchase Dining Dollars or add funds to Flex through your SSOL account.
- Upload a photo for your University ID card.
Student Financial Services
- Review your Student Account Statement using Student Services Online (SSOL). The first Summer 2018 billing statement will be emailed to you on May 28, 2018. The payment deadline is June 14, 2018.
- The first Fall 2018 billing statement will be emailed to you on August 10, 2018. The payment deadline is September 14, 2018.
- Visit the Student Financial Services website for the complete Billing Schedule.