For New General Studies, Graduate, Visiting/Transfer, Postbacc & Certificate Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Columbia University! As a new student, you need to fulfill several requirements prior to your arrival.
This website is a guide to planning and completing your requirements in order to avoid potential penalties and registration delays. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Important Things to Do
- First, activate your Columbia UNI (your computing account) and then check your University email account.
- To help you with the following activities, we recommend logging in to the interactive New Student Checklist.
- Complete the measles, mumps, and rubella immunization documentation and submit it to Columbia Health at least 30 days before registering for classes.
- Record your meningococcal meningitis vaccination decision online before registering for classes.
- Complete the Health History Form, outlining any medical information that is pertinent to your ongoing care.
- Confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan or request a waiver (if eligible).
- Open enrollment for new Summer Term students begins May 1.
- Open enrollment for new Fall Term students begins July 15 and ends September 30.
- Domestic Students – Make your insurance enrollment confirmation in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan or request a waiver. Do so online by the stated deadline.
- International Students – Navigating the U.S. healthcare system can be complex. To help ensure that international students have access to the highest quality of care on- and off-campus, Columbia University requires all international students to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. Confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan by the deadline provided.
- Students seeking reasonable accommodations or support services are required to register with Disability Services. Learn about eligible conditions (e.g. chronic or temporary physical, learning, medical, or psychological conditions), documentation, services, and important deadlines.
- Review Dining options if you want to select a Plan, or purchase Dining Dollars or add funds to Flex through your SSOL account.
- Upload a photo for your University ID card.
Student Financial Services
- Review your Student Account Statement using Student Services Online (SSOL).
- The first Fall 2019 billing statement will be emailed to you on August 12, 2019. The payment deadline is September 13, 2019.
- Visit the Student Financial Services website for the complete Billing Schedule.