Submit a Photo for ID
Welcome to Columbia!
If you are new to Columbia you can submit a photo online for your first University ID card.
Before you submit your photo, please read the information provided below.
To submit a photo, first make sure you have activated your UNI, then log into the secure site to submit your ID photo. New students will receive your University ID Card from your respective schools at orientation. If you have questions about picking up your ID Card, please contact your school directly.
ID Card Photo Requirements for New Students
To get your Columbia University ID card, you're required to submit a current photo online. The photo should be passport-style and meet the following requirements:
- The photo should be a color, JPEG file
- The background should be uniform and light-colored
- You must be facing forward, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- No photos with sunglasses or hats will be accepted
- The file cannot exceed 100k in size
Please note: The size of the photo you submit must be less than 100 kilobytes. All photo submissions are reviewed before being active, so please note approval time may be necessary.
If you need to resize your photo before submitting, you may do so by using any one of the following applications.
- Desktop: Picasa, Photoshop, Microsoft Picture Manager (PC only) and iPhoto (Mac only)
- Online: Web Resizer
You may also upload a photo to Facebook or a similar networking site, resize it and then export it to your desktop.
Please note this feature is available only to new students/faculty/staff/contractors at Columbia University or affiliated schools - Teachers College, Barnard College and Union Theological Seminary.