For New Columbia College & Columbia Engineering Undergraduates
Congratulations on your acceptance to Columbia University! As a new student, you need to fulfill several requirements prior to your arrival.
This website is a guide to planning and completing your requirements in order to avoid potential penalties and registration delays. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Important Things to Do
- First, activate your Columbia UNI (your computing account) and then check your University email account.
- To help you with the following activities, we recommend logging in with your UNI and password to the interactive New Student Checklist.
- Starting June 7, sign in to the Countdown to Columbia website to view your move-in date and a customized checklist of your deadlines to help you track all you'll need to do before your arrival. Check the site regularly for new content and announcements.
- Complete the measles, mumps, and rubella immunization documentation and submit it to Columbia Health by mail or fax at least 30 days before registering for classes.
- Record your meningococcal meningitis vaccination decision online before registering for classes.
- Submit a Minor Authorization Form (if applicable) to Columbia Health.
- Health Insurance:
- Open enrollment for the Fall 2018-Spring 2019 academic plan year begins July 15, 2018.
- Domestic Students – Make your insurance enrollment confirmation in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan or request a waiver. Do so online between July 15 and September 30, 2018.
- International Students – Navigating the U.S. healthcare system can be complex. To help ensure that international students have access to the highest quality of care on- and off-campus, Columbia University requires all international students to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. Confirm your enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan between July 15 and September 30, 2018.
Housing & Dining
- After you receive your Housing assignment, complete your Occupancy Assignment online in the Housing Portal prior to Check-In on August 26.
- Review and confirm your Dining Plan selection as noted in your Incoming Student Welcome email that you received from Columbia Housing. Purchase optional Dining Dollars or add funds to your Flex account.
Exchange and Transfer Students
- Housing assignments will be made by late August. Upon receipt, complete your Occupancy Agreement online in the Housing Portal prior to Check-In on August 28.
- Review Dining options if you want to select a Plan, or purchase Dining Dollars or add funds to Flex through your SSOL account.
- Upload a photo for your University ID card.
Student Financial Services
- Review your Student Account Statement using Student Services Online (SSOL). The first Summer 2018 billing statement will be emailed to you on May 28, 2018. The payment deadline is June 14, 2018.
- The first Fall 2018 billing statement will be emailed to you on August 10, 2018. The payment deadline is September 14, 2018.
- Visit the Student Financial Services website for the complete Billing schedule.